Holiday Indulgence Without Tipping The Scale
SMOOTHIES GOOD FOR YOU!
- Chock full of vitamins, enzymes and minerals
- Easy to digest, which means optimal assimilation of your nutrients
- Great for stabilizing blood sugar (you will see each smoothie here has a healthy fat, and fat is key for blood sugar stabilization)
- A fabulous way to consume a variety of different fruits or vegetables at one time
- Terrific for cleansing the body of toxicity
- An easy way to add more fiber to your diet for optimal bowel function
SMOOTHIES WILL GIVE YOU MORE ENERGY & ARE THE BEST ON–THE–GO MEAL KNOWN TO (wo)MAN.
WHY IS BLENDING YOUR SMOOTHIE BENEFICIAL?
- The health of your body depends on your digestion. When you blend your foods, you are supporting the digestion process. Your body does not have to work so hard to break down the nutrients as they are in a pre-digestible state.
- Did you know that 80% of your energy is spent digesting and assimilating your nutrients? So why not support your body to do less work?
- Instead of having to prepare and eat cup after cup of healthy greens or fruits, you are packing them into one nutrient-dense smoothie.
MAKING THE ULTIMATE SMOOTHIE: THE BASICS
- Choose the liquid–water,coconut water or a dairy-free milk
- Choose your greens–kale, spinach, parsley, Swiss chard, collards or lettuce
- Choose your fruit–banana, apple, berries, mango, etc
- Choose your fat/protein–hemp seeds, hemp protein, nut butters, avocado, coconut oil, flax or chia seeds
- Superfoods–maca, raw cacao, bee pollen, shredded coconut, goji berries, etc
Protein Powder – I use a plant based protein powder for meal replacement. When I am looking to blast the pounds off, then replacing a meal with a smoothie is my favorite tool.
Two holiday theme smoothies to get past some of those cravings:
PUMPKIN PIE SMOOTHIE
2 cups coconut milk, rice, almond or hemp milk
1 cup pumpkin puree (homemade or canned)
1 teaspoon pumpkin spice 2 Tablespoons raw honey or 5 drops stevia
1 teaspoon vanilla
Combine all ingredients in a blender; blend until smooth
CRANBERRY SWEETNESS BLISS SMOOTHIE
1 cup unsweetened almond/coconut/hemp or rice milk
1 cup of mixed berries
1⁄4 cup unsweetened cranberry juice concentrate
1 Tablespoon flax meal or chia seeds 1 Teaspoon ginger
1 Teaspoon cinnamon
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. www.shannonnickerson.com | Shannon Nickerson © 2016